Stats

Monday 10 April 2017

About 5 years ago I was helping  two UK turners to make the transition from traditional woodturning to  working with ideas and reference.

Unfortunately, the relationship soured for a variety of reasons and I was subjected to some vociferous online abuse over time. Apt expressions of their intellectual ability and insecurity, I guess.

During the mentoring process I agreed to do some collaborative work and the pieces below were submitted for me to work on, one piece from each turner. I never did anything with them, not wishing to share any more with the turners concerned.


I could rework them as completed hollow forms but I thought it might be an interesting and cathartic exercise to rework  and recycle parts of these two pieces as the beginning of a new body of work around the theme of artification. 



2 comments:

Rosemary Wright said...

Hi Phil,
Good to see you are creating again. I had to google "artification" and I guess it means you are going to play around with the pieces to make something different. I look forward to seeing the results.

Philip Streeting said...

Thanks Rosemary. Yep playing around is right, going back to my roots.
Good to see you experimenting with ceramics.